Advertising Your Jobs & Job Matching
Do you have an open position that you’d like to advertise? We can post your job openings on the NYS Job Bank. As always, this service is at no cost to the employer! We also match your openings to customers in our database. If we have a customer who is a good fit for the job, we send them the info on the job & tell them how to apply!
Open Recruitments at The Work Place
We can assist you with holding open recruitments on our premises.
This gives businesses the opportunity to interview multiple candidates without disrupting daily operations.
On-the-Job Training Program
On-the-Job Training (OJT) is a wage reimbursement program for the training of eligible new hires. If your business and the new employee qualifies, you are eligible to be reimbursed for 50% of the employee’s wages during their training phase*.
What is On-the-Job Training?
The OJT program is designed to help unemployed and underemployed people improve their situation in the workforce, while giving businesses a financial incentive to hire and train them in full-time skilled or semi-skilled occupations.
How it Works!
There are several types of OJT programs, with each one having different guidelines. In general, an OJT program will require that a business:
- Agrees to hire & train workers in a skilled or semi-skilled occupation
- Have a physical location in New York State (profit or nonprofit)
- Offers positions in full-time employment (30+ hours per week)
- Provides wages of at least $10.00 per hour, not including commission, tips or bonuses
- Completes training within a 6-month period
- Participants need to be vetted by The WorkPlace before they start work
If you meet the above requirements, The WorkPlace will reimburse the business for up to 50% of the base wages while the worker is in the training phase (up to the financial limit allowed for the specific program & as funding allows)
Please contact the WorkPlace for more information at (315) 376-5800.